Okay, so through both Twitter and work, I’ve come to know Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) fairly well. For those unfamiliar, this society provides lunches to children and youth in Calgary who would otherwise go without. I’ve volunteered a morning in the kitchen – it was an amazing experience and the 4 hours just flew by. I wish I could commit to a more regular volunteer schedule with them, but I find taking off an entire morning off extremely difficult in my job. I’m trying to work out the logistics, though – it’s worth it.
Anyhow, BB4CK is participating in the Sun & Salsa Festival in Kensington on July 25. In return for the organization’s help, a portion of the funds raised through sales of chips & water will go back to BB4CK.
Want to know how to get involved? These are the jobs they are still needing to fill…
- 5 people from 6am- 8am (heavy lifting and set up)
- 1 leader from 8am- 10:30am (need to attend meeting on Tuesday, July 6th from 6:30pm- 7:30pm)
- 4 people from 11am- 4pm to man the blockades- easy job!!!
- 6 people (teenagers would be great for this!) to be on garbage and recycling duty from 12-3pm
- 6 more garbage and recycling crew from 3-6pm (one person to drive a van)
- 7 clean up and tear down crew from 5-7pm (lifting and tear down); 1 person from 4pm- 8pm
- Sales People- selling chips and water for salsa tasting- 9 people 10am- 5pm
- Street Marshals- getting people where they need to go – 2 people from 6-10:30am (need to attend meeting Tuesday, July 6 from 5:30- 6:30pm); 2 people from 8am- 10:30am (need to attend meeting Tuesday, July 6 from 5:30- 6:30pm)
Interested in helping out? Let me know via comment or Twitter and I’ll forward the contact information.
I’ll be there, selling water & chips 🙂